The CIW Web Design Specialist course is for the individual who wants to develop the skills necessary to specialize in Web site design. In this course, you will build upon your basic Web authoring skills to learn the essentials and best practices of Web design, including design theory, tools and technologies.
Students with little or no background in Web design should consider starting with the CIW Site Development Foundations course to learn the basics of Web site authoring and development.
The CIW Web Design Specialist course prepares candidates to take the CIW Web Design Specialist exam, which, if passed, earns the individual the CIW Web Design Specialist certification. Candidates who also earn the CIW E-Commerce Specialist certification earn the advanced CIW Web Design Professional certification.
- Web designers
- Internet consultants
- IT professionals
- Marketing professionals
- Web and graphic artists
- Business professionals
- Web site development essentials, including the site development process, customer expectations, and ethical and legal issues in Web development.
- Web design elements, including aesthetics, the site user's experience, navigation, usability and accessibility.
- Basic Web technologies, including Hypertext Markup Language [HTML], Extensible HTML [XHTML] and extended technologies, image files, GUI site development applications, and site publishing and maintenance.
- Advanced Web technologies, including multimedia and plug-in technologies, client-side and server-side technologies, and Web databases.
- Popular production tools, including Microsoft Expression Web, and Adobe Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash.
- Current issues in Web design, including the extensibility of design tools, compatibility of these tools, open-source applications and the functionality of current Web browsers.