CIW Internet Business Associate
The CIW Internet Business Associate course prepares you to work effectively in today's business environment. In this course, you will learn about the tasks involved in various Web Technology job roles, and you will learn the skills and technologies to perform them. The career opportunities that demand these common Web-based skills are endless.
Once certified, you have proven that you have foundational knowledge of important technologies that affect virtually every business. This certification is ideal for all students and professionals who use the Internet on the job.
The CIW Internet Business Associate course prepares candidates to take the CIW Internet Business Associate exam, which, if passed, earns the individual the CIW Internet Business Associate certification.
New CIW Web Foundations Associate Certification Exams Now Available
Our high-stakes Web Foundations series of certification exams (Web Foundations Associate, Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate) reflect the latest developments in Web technologies.
Note: the new Internet Business Associate exam (Exam ID: 1D0-61A) has a passing score of 66%.
Candidates will also be allowed to mix and match the previous-version exams with the new-version exams to earn the three modular certifications in the CIW Web Foundations series. Read more.
All students preparing to enter or continue in the workforce can benefit from the CIW Internet Business Associate course and/or certification:
- High school students
- College students
- Technical/trade school students
Professionals in all industries can benefit from the CIW Internet Business Associate course and/or certification:
- IT professionals
- Healthcare professionals
- Legal professionals
- Marketing professionals
- Graphic artists
- Business professionals
Refer to course description for more details.
- Internet connection methods, Internet protocols, the Domain Name System (DNS) and cloud computing
- The basic functions of Web browsers, the components of Web addresses, the use and control of cookies, and browser use in the business world
- Browser plug-ins and add-ons, and use of browsers to download and manage files
- Databases as they relate to Web search engines, and ways to conduct basic and advanced Web searches
- Configuration and use of e-mail clients, guidelines for effective communication over the Internet using modern Web technologies and social networking tools
- Internet research and collaboration tools, software development tools, and the patent and licensing practices that accompany software applications
- Issues and risks associated with the Internet, and the security measures that can keep your computer system and your personal information secure
- Fundamental elements of project and program management, and the importance of acquiring these skills for all IT job roles.
New Lesson Quizzes in Web Foundations Associate Courses
Certification Partners has added new lesson quizzes to the Web Foundations series of courses (Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate). These quizzes are available on CIW Online, and can be found on each of the lesson pages in the Online Resources.