CIW Network Technology Associate
The Network Technology Associate course prepares you for job readiness in many business and technology-related careers. Understanding the fundamentals of networking, Internet protocols and network security is important for all professionals who use the Internet. This certification proves your mastery of the basics of networking and prepares you for further study in the specialty of your choosing.
The CIW Network Technology Associate course prepares candidates to take the CIW Network Technology Associate exam, which, if passed, earns the individual the CIW Network Technology Associate certification.
New CIW Web Foundations Associate Certification Exams Now Available
Our high-stakes Web Foundations series of certification exams (Web Foundations Associate, Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate) are changing to reflect the latest developments in Web technologies. Candidates will also be allowed to mix and match the previous-version exams with the new-version exams to earn the three modular certifications in the CIW Web Foundations series. Read more.
Note: the new Network Technology Associate exam (Exam ID: 1D0-61C) has 30 questions.
All students preparing to enter or continue in the workforce can benefit from the CIW Network Technology Associate course and/or certification:
- High school students
- College students
- Technical/trade school students
Professionals in all industries can benefit from the CIW Network Technology Associate course and/or certification:
- IT professionals
- Healthcare professionals
- Legal professionals
- Marketing professionals
- Graphic artists
- Business professionals
Refer to course description for more details.
- Essential networking technologies and skills, including TCP/IP, stable network creation, wireless networking and network troubleshooting
- Various network components and protocols that enable users to share data quickly and easily
- Various types of transmission media, and the ways that network architecture and topologies provide for efficient and secure communication
- OSI reference model and its relationship to packet creation, plus the OSI model vs. the Internet architecture model
- Functions and features of internetworking server types, and the benefits of implementing a Content Management System (CMS)
- Basic hardware and operating system maintenance procedures
- Mobile computing devices and the importance of RFC documents
- Routing, IP addressing, IP address classes and subnet masks
- Essential network security concepts, Internet-based challenges facing today's users, and methods you can use to secure networks and network transmissions, including authentication, encryption and firewalls.
New Lesson Quizzes in Web Foundations Associate Courses
Certification Partners has added new lesson quizzes to the Web Foundations series of courses (Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate). These quizzes are available on CIW Online, and can be found on each of the lesson pages in the Online Resources.