CIW Site Development Associate
The CIW Site Development Associate course teaches you essential Web page development skills. You will learn to develop Web sites using Hypertext Markup Language version 5 (HTML5) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). You will learn to write code manually, as well as use graphical user interface (GUI) authoring tools. You will also work with images, create hyperlinks, and add tables, forms, video and audio to your Web pages. If you want the knowledge and skills to design or improve Web sites, this course is for you.
Once certified, you have proven that you have foundational knowledge to develop basic Web sites. This certification is ideal for students and professionals who want a career in Web site design or marketing.
The CIW Site Development Associate course prepares candidates to take the CIW Site Development Associate exam, which, if passed, earns the individual the CIW Site Development Associate certification. Once you have earned this certification, you are better prepared to begin the CIW Web Design Specialist program.
New CIW Web Foundations Associate Certification Exams Now Available
Our high-stakes Web Foundations series of certification exams (Web Foundations Associate, Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate) are changing to reflect the latest developments in Web technologies. Candidates will also be allowed to mix and match the previous-version exams with the new-version exams to earn the three modular certifications in the CIW Web Foundations series. Read more.
Students and professionals who are interested in Web site development can benefit from the CIW Site Development Associate course and/or certification:
- IT professionals
- Marketing professionals
- Graphic artists
- Web site designers
Refer to course description for more details.
- Web site development using Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Extensible HTML (XHTML)
- Manual code writing, graphical user interface (GUI) authoring tools, and XHTML code validation
- Web page development using images, hyperlinks, tables, forms and frames
- CGI and connecting Web pages to databases
- Internet marketing and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for formatting Web page content, and fundamental Web design concepts
- Development of Web sites as managed projects
- Introductory e-commerce solutions, and the relationship of Web site development to business goals
New Lesson Quizzes in Web Foundations Associate Courses
Certification Partners has added new lesson quizzes to the Web Foundations series of courses (Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate). These quizzes are available on CIW Online, and can be found on each of the lesson pages in the Online Resources.