Becoming a CIW Certified Instructor (CIW CI)
To help familiarize you with the CIW CI program, we have put together the following pages that will provide you with an overview of the program as well as the benefits and the process of becoming a CIW CI. We recommend that you read through this material carefully before completing the CIW CI application.
Please be sure to read the application process in this document.
CIW CI Program Benefits
Over the last few years, the demand for qualified Information Technology professionals with proven Internet skills has increased dramatically. In today's digital economy it is more important than ever for individuals to obtain solid technical training skills and certified proof of their Internet knowledge to secure the best job opportunities that are currently available.
As a CIW Certified Instructor (CIW CI), you will have an opportunity to work with a wide range of Internet technologies and to play an important role in providing outstanding Internet skills training for individuals across the world. As a CIW CI, you possess excellent instructional skills and are certified technically by Certification Partners to deliver Internet job skills training to computer professionals. All CIW CIs are also eligible to work for any of the CIW Authorized Training Partners (CIW ATPs) or CIW Authorized Academic Partners (CIW AAPs) around the world.
Membership in the CIW CI program includes the following benefits:
- Access to private online instructor community: All CIW CIs gain access to a wide range of current information and tools that will help you maximize your skills as a CIW Certified Instructor. These tools include access to comprehensive certification and course preparation materials, CIW program and industry information, chat opportunities with other CIW CIs across the world, special CIW CI logos, and much more.
- Exclusive CIW CI logo usage: All CIW CIs have exclusive rights to use the CIW CI logo for web sites, business cards, marketing materials, and other documentation.
- Program Support: All CIW CIs will be supported by a professional CIW CI program department staff that is available to answer any of your questions or support needs worldwide.
CIW CI Application Process
In order to apply into the CIW CI program, please follow these steps:
- Download the CIW Certified Instructor Program Guide and review it carefully.
- Fill out the online CIW Certified Instructor (CIW CI) Application.
- Locate the closest training partner offering CIW courses by accessing the CIW Authorized Training Partner Locator. Enroll and attend a CIW course. Fax your class course completion certificate to the Certification Partners Certification Department at 602-794-4190
Note: Please review the CIW CI Program Guide to see if you're eligible to waive this requirement.
- Take and pass any CIW exam for which you will be teaching the corresponding course. Exams are available at any Prometric, VUE or CTC testing center.
- Complete the CIW Certification Agreement by logging into the CIW Candidate Information Center.
- Submit proof of instructional experience via fax to the Certification Partners Certification Department at +1-602-794-4190. This can include a technical instructor certificate or transcript, a Train-the-Trainer certificate, an accredited teaching certificate, proof of attendance at a CIW Faculty Institute, or a combination of a current resume, 2 letters of recommendation, and 10 student evaluations.
- Once all necessary paperwork has been received and reviewed by Certification Partners, you will be notified via e-mail regarding your instructor status. The review process may take up to 2 weeks.
- Upon approval, you will be issued a unique Username and Password to the CIW CI Private Community. Note: It is important to maintain accurate contact information by logging into the CIW Candidate Information Center periodically.
- In order to become certified to teach additional CIW courses, repeat Step 4 for the course and exam you wish to teach.
- Prepare to teach classes by reviewing course delivery guidelines in the CIW CI Program Guide. Course outlines and additional instructions are also available in the CIW CI private community.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact the Certification Department.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a CIW Certified Instructor.