CIW Instructor Development Program
CIW Instructor Development Expands Your IT and Web Development Teaching Effectiveness
Instructors play an important role in providing outstanding Internet skills training to their students. The CIW Instructor Development Program (formerly CIW Faculty Institute), is an accessible and affordable train-the-trainer seminar designed to prepare educators to deliver CIW courses. Experienced IT educators teach these CIW course seminars to help train incoming instructors (or those who want review and practice) on the material covered in the CIW courses, as well as teach them how to most effectively implement a CIW program in their own schools and classrooms.
» View Instructor Development course formats and scheduling information
Key elements of the CIW Instructor Development Program include:
- CIW instruction, conducted online and/or in-person, by a CIW Certified Instructor
- 45+ hours of training using Official CIW Courseware (ILT) and our CIW Online student assessment tools
- Thorough preparation for CIW certification exams, which teachers take at seminar conclusion
- A members-only LinkedIn group where teachers can share CIW experiences and best practices
- Ongoing support to answer questions as teachers implement CIW in their own classrooms
- Opportunities to share experiences and best practices with other educators
- A CIW Instructor Development Program technology hotline
- How-to videos to support CIW Online implementation
We offer several flexible options for professional development. Each option can be completed in 4 to 14 weeks. Choose from the following formats:
- Onsite Instructor Development – face-to-face instruction which offers more structure
- Hybrid Instructor Development – combination onsite and virtual instruction that offers both flexibility and structure
- Virtual Instructor Development – web-based instruction which offers more flexibility and is delivered in both synchronous and asynchronous formats, or a combination thereof
Cancellation and Refund Policy
A full refund will be issued if notice of cancellation is received at least two weeks before the first day of the seminar. If cancellation is received less than two weeks before the first day of seminar, you will be issued a 50-percent refund for class materials, excluding exam vouchers and shipping charges. Exam vouchers and shipping charges are non-refundable. No-shows and cancellations received after the first day of seminar are not eligible for refunds.
To be eligible for any refund, you must return seminar materials in their unopened, shrink-wrapped packaging. Seminar materials include books, supplemental CDs and any other physical assets shipped to you for teaching purposes. Contact us for more information on the CIW Instructor Development Program.