CIW Database Design Specialist
The CIW Database Design Specialist course provides introductory vendor-neutral training for individuals planning to pursue product-focused database specialization. This course introduces you to DB2, Oracle Database 11g, MS SQL and mySQL. You will also learn about Structured Query Language (SQL) and database optimization through normalization.
The CIW Database Design Specialist course prepares candidates to take the CIW Database Design Specialist exam, which if passed earns the individual the Database Design Specialist certification.
Skills Taught (Refer to course description for more details).
- IT managers/directors
- Application developers
- Web development professionals
- Software programmers
- Enterprise developers
- Relational database fundamentals
- Database planning
- Database design methodology, including logical and physical database design
- Optimization and normalization
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Relational algebra
- Transactions and database security