Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP Seeking a CIW-Certified, Applications Support Analyst in Port Arthur, TX
January 18, 2017
by Hitomi Vinciguerra, Digital Marketing Manager
Applications Support Analyst
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP
Port Arthur, TX
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC, one of the world's top producers of olefins and polyolefins and a leading supplier of aromatics, alpha olefins, styrenics, specialty chemicals, piping, and polymer resins. Chevron Phillips Chemical employs over 4,700 professionals at manufacturing sites and research/technology centers around the world. Chevron Phillips Chemical has the people, assets, and technology to pursue chemical opportunities on a global scale.
This position is for a key Application Support Analyst to join a 5-member team at the Chevron Phillips Chemical Company Port Arthur, Texas plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting various critical manufacturing software systems and web applications, participate in enterprise-wide project implementations, as well as provide after hours on call rotation duties with other team members.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving, creativity.
- Interpersonal skills and team-work ability.
- Skills developing end user and/or troubleshooting documentation.
- Time-management and timeline prediction.
- Dedication to finishing projects by or before the set deadline.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Priority of work is to support existing manufacturing plant software systems for various departments within the facility.
- Work with plant customers to assist with providing solutions to meet specific data requirement needs with significant consideration given to enterprise available implementations.
- Develop new applications as directed by site IT Manager.
- Serve as primary web applications developer for local site.
- Handle incoming Remedy Help Desk tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
- Diagnose, test and resolve application problems and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Document problem resolutions for use in after-hours support.
- Develop and conduct end user training as necessary for various plant application systems.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Strong preference given to degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems disciplines.
- Certifications in MCP, MCSD, MCTS, MCAD, MCITP, CIW and CCENT a plus.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications, including, but not limited to,
- Manufacturing application systems
- OpenText document management system or similar
- Laboratory management systems
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Proven knowledge of programming languages and techniques, including
- Visual Studio 2013 & 2015
- MVC, WEB API, Windows Services, Angular JS
- TELERIK controls
- HTML5, CSS3
- OFFICE 2010 & 2016
- In depth working knowledge of MS SQL Server 2008 / 2012 database creation and programming development.
- Proven ability to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate work schedules. To learn more about Chevron Phillips Chemical and to be considered for a position, please visit us online today at www.cpchem.com.
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-800-446-1422, option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age,disability, veteran status or marital status.
Travel Requirements: Up to 5%
Eligibility for Relocation: Yes
Closing Date: 01/31/2017
We periodically introduces career job postings which require or prefer CIW certification holders on our website.