December 14, 2016
by Hitomi Vinciguerra, Digital Marketing Manager
Web Software Developer- Health IT
Northrop Grumman technology services sector is seeking Web Software Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge enterprise network security. Position is responsible for providing engineering services in support of an enterprise-wide environment in one of the Federal Government’s largest civilian agency. Emphasis of the position will be on using a .NET Framework, ASP.NET, ColdFusion, SQL, RESTful and other web services to create a dynamic, informative, user-friendly service portal known as the SSA Office of Systems Operations and Hardware Engineering (OSOHE) One Stop.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information technology support services contract for the SSA.
Description of Work:
- Use a .NET Framework, ASP.NET, ColdFusion, SQL, RESTful and other web services to create a dynamic, informative, user-friendly service portal known as the SSA Office of Systems Operations and Hardware Engineering (OSOHE) One Stop.
- Enhance communications among the OSOHE staff and Divisions in an effective and efficient manner.
- Enhance the service portal interface that stakeholders use to request assistance or support from OSOHE.
- Enhance the backend process of the portal and enable dynamic updates to the service portal using an administrative portal interface.
- Review portal content and add, remove or update service offerings as needed.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA policies and procedures and Section 508 requirements.
- Use Google Analytics to extract pertinent management information (MI) and make it available for analysis
- Develop content governance and consistency on the various OSOHE Intranet websites.
- Enhance or modify portal service offerings that provide software developers within the agency a single defined testing and data collection process, regardless of whether the program uses mainframe, open systems or batch processing, to move the code from development to production.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Become knowledgeable on the HIPAA policies and Section
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Master’s degree and 5 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of experience or High School and 11 years of related IT experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in ASP.NET or C# on a .NET Framework
- Minimum of 2 years of utilizing ColdFusion and SQL in a .NET Framework
- Must be a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience with developing to Section 508 standards
- Experience with all phases of the SDLC, design and development of detailed test automation software
- One or more of the following certifications:
- Master Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW)
- Master CIW Administrator
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Experience in RESTful or any other Web Services
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visitwww.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
We periodically introduces career job postings which require or prefer CIW certification holders on our website.