December 13, 2016
by Hitomi Vinciguerra, Digital Marketing Manager
Sr Quality Assurance Engineer II
Colorado Springs, CO US
The Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Mission Assurance organization is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to support system integration, test and transition activities for the GPS OCX Program in Colorado Springs, CO. The Global Positioning System Advanced Control Segment (GPS OCX) Raytheon team is responsible for full lifecycle engineering of the Ground Operational Control Segment of the worldwide GPS system.
As a QA Engineer you will apply engineering knowledge and Quality principles to assess compliance, determine root causes of issues, improve processes, and contribute to the successful completion of this important program. You will also be a key interface point with the GPS OCX customer, working collaboratively in their facility to ensure the integrity of the products and services Raytheon provides
Duties will include:
- Provide leadership and expertise to implement and maintain the GPS OCX Mission Assurance and Quality processes for host/server environments at the customer site.
- Conduct audits, assessments and inspections by investigation and examination of objective evidence, standards, procedures, work instructions, drawings, specifications, regulations, etc.
- Support site installations and deployments.
- Perform/participate in document reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, Functional/Physical Configuration Audits.
- Witness/audit acceptance and qualification testing.
- Assist Engineering, Integration, Test, and System Administrators in solving process/product anomalies. Perform inspections and analysis of Quality anomalies.
- Schedule and perform program audits and objective evaluations to verify compliance and effectiveness with program processes.
- Schedule and perform product conformity audits such as software version verification.
- Verify Discrepancy Report implementation and closure
- Prepare and present detailed and management-oriented written and oral reports, as required
- Review and approve root cause analysis and corrective actions plans. Ensure adequacy to prevent recurrence as well as validating the effective implementation of corrective actions.
- Identify and implement process improvements involving new and/or existing techniques.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
Must have a current Secret security clearance (or ability to reactivate a previous clearance upon start)
- At least 6 years of Quality Engineering experience with hardware and software development, integration and test
- Knowledge of Computing Environments, COTS and Virtualization technologies
- Experience with the implementation, verification and improvement of software configuration management tools and processes
- Ability to perform independent assessments and evaluations, gather and analyze metrics
- Knowledge of inspection standards such as IPC620
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, including the potential to work nights and weekends in excess of 40 hours/week
- Self-starter, able to work effectively with little oversight in team environment
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Experience with Air Force operational and facility management protocols
- Knowledge of current GPS ground control segment and/or experience with system transition to operations
- ASQ Certified CQA, CQE, CSQE, CQIA or CQI
- Raytheon Mission Assurance Certification Program (MACP) Level 5 certification (any track)
- CompTIA or CIW certs a plus
- Detail oriented, process focused, and excellent organizational skills
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of and ability to apply six sigma techniques
Bachelor’s degree in math, science, or engineering is required
We periodically introduces career job postings which require or prefer CIW certification holders on our website.