Springfield, VA US
About the Company
DigitalGlobe is a leading provider of commercial high-resolution earth observation and advanced geospatial solutions that help decision makers better understand our changing planet in order to save lives, resources and time. Sourced from the world’s leading constellation, our imagery solutions deliver unmatched coverage and capacity to meet our customers’ most demanding mission requirements. Each day customers in defense and intelligence, public safety, civil agencies, map making and analysis, environmental monitoring, oil and gas exploration, infrastructure management, navigation technology, and providers of location-based services depend on DigitalGlobe data, information, technology and expertise to gain actionable insight. DigitalGlobe is a public company listed on the NYSE as DGI, and is headquartered in Westminster, Colorado.
The PD is the internal user interface (UI), user experience (UX), and visualization expert for the multi-disciplinary team. The PD identifies and articulates user needs and is responsible for maintaining a user-centered approach in software solutions created by the team. The PD owns all facets of design: interaction, UI, visual, product, motion, prototyping, etc. The PD creates, prototypes, builds, and refines consumer apps and services through icons, creates AlB tested landing sites, logically arrange UI elements, and provide front-end development. The PD designs visualizations, infographics, and other digital products. The PD maintains design consistency and coherence across tools, products, etc. and manages the organization style guide. Unlike other environments, the typical deliverable timetables are measured in hours and often require rapid iterative feedback cycles. As a project-wide asset, the PD must have organizational and time management skills, including the ability to work independently and prioritize effectively.
- Well established experience creating user experiences for current and proposed applications
- In-depth knowledge and skill in creating UI design concepts for applications and web sites
- Demonstrated fluency in Adobe Creative Suite 5, Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Fireworks, InVision, or other design tools
- Working experience converting designs into fully compliant HTML 4 and CSS files
- Practical experience working closely with highly technical development teams, product owners, analysts, and leadership members.
- Broad experience supporting the production of operational and strategic initiatives
- Experience leading products from discovery and framework through iterative development and delivery
- Track record of developing visual identity systems, data visualizations, visual design, illustrations, etc.
- Experience with prototyping tools like Framer/Pixate/Form or similar
- Strong working experience in producing info graphics for web and print mediums
- Experience providing direct support within Intelligence Communities
- Well established experience providing direct support to the F3EA targeting efforts or
- Special Operations elements
- Experience utilizing Agile software development methods in a DevOps environment.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: C#, Java, .NET, Python, Perl, Ruby, or similar
- Familiarity with mobile OS & app languages such as HTML5, Android, IOS/Swift/C Object/C#, etc.
- Video Production processes and tools such as AfterEffects, Core Composer, Flash, Origami, Director (or equivalent), Quartz Composer (or equivalent)
- Experience utilizing motion design using animation to educate and engage
- End-user application instrumentation, time-per-task etc. to identify and improve complex end-user/machine interaction and experience.
- Experience with modern front-end technologies and frameworks (e.g., HAML/SASS, grid systems, responsive design)
- Working knowledge of management/tracking utilities such as JIRA, Redmine, or similar
- Achieved applicable certifications such as those associated with Agile Development or ITIL, CIW, HFI, UserHub, or similar
- Bachelors Arts/Science in UI, Web, Graphic Design or related field (i.e. Computer Graphics, Web Development) required. Master's degree desired.
- COMPTIA Security+ or CISSP certification required
- Required Years of Experience 5-8 Years; Desired Years of Experience 9+ years
DigitalGlobe offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off
View Original Post