AMSEC Engineer Software 5
Huntington Ingalls Industries
Portsmouth, NH US
External Job Description
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Must have or be able to obtain a CIW Web Foundations Associate certification within 6 months of start date.
- Candidate must have or be able to obtain a Security+ within the first 6 weeks of employment.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
14 years relevant experience with Bachelors; 12 years relevant experience with Masters.
An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement for this job.
This experience is in addition to the relevant years of experience listed with the job's education requirements. Example: If this job required a Bachelor's degree + 5 years relevant experience the equivalency would equal HS diploma + 9 years job related experience.
Preferred candidate should have the following experience:
- Oracle 12c SQL Stored Procedure programming
- Apache Tomcat knowledge
- Software Analysis
- Writing Design Specifications
- Interpret Requirements Specifications
- Work with Government Application SMEs
- Lead an application development effort
- Work alone or in a group to deliver application updates
- Debug and Research issues with applications and determine fixes
- Security+ Certification
AMSEC is a subsidiary of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII). Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) designs, builds and maintains nuclear and non-nuclear ships for the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard and provides after-market services for military ships around the globe. For more than a century, HII has built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder at its Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions. Employing more than 38,000 in Virginia, Mississippi, Louisiana and California, HII also provides a wide variety of products and services to the commercial energy industry and other government customers, including the Department of Energy.