East Central College
Union, MO US
East Central College has an immediate opening for a full-time ProjectCoordinator, Mo STEMS WINs Grant. Responsible for coordinating MoSTEM WINs grant efforts, including oversight of grant training, instructional and recruiting programs. Provide assessment, retention and career guidance services to interested/eligible individuals.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.) Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in computer science, computer information systems, information technology or related discipline; minimum of one year of industry experience in an information technology role.
(Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Work with local and regional business and industry to identify training opportunities; recruit participants to MoSTEM WINs programming and work to meet workforce training needs in IT and CIS fields.
- Create and maintain a localized CIS/IT industry profile (employers, wages, positions and required credentials). Provide students with career and job information related to the industry.
- Assist grant faculty in providing meaningful learning and support activities leading to industry recognized certifications such as CompTIA, A+, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft Serve, CAPM and CIW Web Foundations.
- Work with local and regional employers to provide clear information on program pathways.
- Assess program applicants for MO STEM Wins eligibility, oversee intake/enrollment process, and work with college staff in the enrollment process.
- Responsible for compliance and reporting of grant activities, student data, certification results and all other data points required of the grant.
- Maintain appropriate records and student files; serve as career and academic advisor to students enrolled in the program as needed. Complete meaningful case notes on each participant to track and document grant participant progress and outcomes.
- Provide oversight of instructional space; assist in acquisition of materials needed in support of the grant activities.
- Work to build transition and coordination between non-credit and credit programs including stackable credentials and career pathways for students in information technology.
- Coordinate WorkKeys testing in compliance with ACT, DWD and ECC testing requirements.
- Review and explain assessment results, including occupational standards and how the NCRC may be used in career planning and the attainment of employment with each examinee after testing.
- Work closely with college staff to place grant participants in internships or other work experience. Assist grant participants in securing a job.
- Collaboratively work with area career centers and departments on ECC’s campus to enhance employment opportunities for students.
- Assist in hiring, evaluating and supervising qualified support employees, if needed.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing and have well-developed public speaking and presentation skills; must have a valid Missouri Driver's License.
- Market and promote East Central College students and programs to local business and industry.
- Adjustment of hours involving evening and/or weekend work may be required.
- Participate on college committees and professional organizations, as appropriate.
- Develop and monitor program budget in conjunction with the MoSTEM grant lead.
- Initiate and process forms such as purchase orders, requisitions, printing requests, facilities, work orders; Web Help Desk requests; reimbursement vouchers, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a tactful and courteous manner with a variety of people, including students, employees, faculty, and the general public.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted within the established guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Perform assigned responsibilities, and other related duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and/or nonverbal. Knowledge of a Community College environment preferred. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines. Maintain confidentiality. Excellent collaborative skills. Proficient with Microsoft office. Attention to detail. teaching, presentation and facilitation experience.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is a community college located on 200 acres in Union, MO and is located about 60 minutes from metropolitan St. Louis. East Central College offers courses and programs at off-campus locations in Sullivan, Washington and two locations in Rolla to bring educational opportunities to growing number of students. Currently, more than 3,000 students are enrolled in a transfer, technical education or allied health program. East Central College employs 75 full time faculty, 128 full time professional and support staff, 35 part time employees and on average 120 adjunct instructors along with student workers at the main campus in Union and satellite locations in Sullivan, Rolla, and Washington.
View Original Post