Landover, MD US
Seeking highly motivated Web Designer to support a Coast Guard production environment. The candidate will design/redesign, maintain and administer customer owned websites following customer standards and best practices.
Candidate must pay attention to detail to ensure no errors exist such as classification issues, or mismatched font sizes.
The candidate will perform the following functions:
- Convert products in MS Word format into HTML/CSS using Adobe Dreamweaver and/or an XML authoring tool and post the HTML, XML, and PDF versions to the prescribed websites.
- The candidate will ensure that all postings have valid HTML code with relevant metadata;
- Ensure that all XML versions are validated against the Library of National Intelligence (LNI)’s web based validator; Ensure that web pages do not have broken links and are uniform with other pages on the same website;
- Survey internal and external customers to gather feedback in regards to website improvement and enhanced functionality;
- Present feedback to management to determine how the feedback will be used;
- Design/redesign customer’s websites which includes creating the look, layout and features of the website.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must have Clearance, and four or more years related industry experience.
- Must have knowledge of programming languages, operating systems and Internet applications.
- Familiarity with Web design and development tools and understand the recommendations of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
- Must be proficient with XML, HTML, CSS, and basic web programming scripts.
- Must have experience using Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, and SharePoint Services.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize, and schedule work assignments and projects.
- Must have knowledge of SQL or MySQL Database queries and functions for custom web reporting and formatting.
- Must have basic knowledge and ability to use ColdFusion code.
- Must be detailed oriented and have strong organizational, communication skills in both oral and written form, and the ability to work well with others.
- Must be able to work individually on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Must have experience working for the federal government or be capable of sophisticated design and branding representative of a federal government agency.
- Must have at least one year of experience handling US classified documents.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW) or equivalent certifications,
- Security+ Certification, Experience working with the US Coast Guard or similar Agency,
- Working knowledge of Intelligence Community classification and handling markings and the appropriate way to treat documents.
About BAE Systems
Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Intelligence & Security provides comprehensive and strategic support to any mission, anytime, anywhere. The sector serves a diverse customer base, including the U.S. Department of Defense; the intelligence community; U.S. federal civilian agencies including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security and commercial clients. The sector is headquartered in McLean, Va., and employs approximately 10,000 employees.
People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential.
View Original Post