Senior Web Developer
Alexandria, VA US
CALIBRE has an immediate need for a Senior Web Developer to support the Army Budget Office (ABO, and Army Materiel Command (AMC) G8, Army Working Capital Fund (AWCF) –Supply Management Activity in Alexandria, Virginia to perform the following functions:
- Development and analysis of websites and web-based applications; supports and develops numerous customized applications; develops and manages associated databases; and conducts analyses of collected data. Using advanced coding methodologies and tools, the Web Application Developer may be responsible for some or all phases of the SDLC including liaising directly with customers, requirements gathering, translating general requirements into system specifications, complex development, unit testing and QA, interface development, data integration, and release / production support. Maintains, debugs, upgrades, and scales web application code, web content and dynamic data. Configures COTS applications software. Works across functions to re-engineer and/or streamline processes and procedures in the context of fully utilizing system features/functions. Develops and supports system interfaces.
- Responsible for the design and engineering of the Web site and be the customer interface for all technical Web development issue
Specific qualifications: The successful candidate will have:
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, or Information Systems from an accredited college or university and have a minimum of six (7) years’ experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of websites.
- The Senior Developer is a seasoned professional with a thorough and well-rounded knowledge of advanced html, java scripting, site and database architecture and integration and modification of Active Server Page scripts. The Senior Developer will also have a basic understanding of graphic design, including Macromedia Flash and multimedia integration. He/she will also have project management/team supervision skills, be well-versed in content writing and Internet communications strategy and have sufficient programming knowledge to supervise senior programmers.
- Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
Any of the following Certifications a Plus:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer – App Builder (Web Applications [old]) [MCSD-App Builder or MCSD-Web Applications]
- Oracle Certified Associate – Java Programmer [OCAJP]
- Oracle Certified Professional – Java Programmer [OCPJP]
- Adobe ColdFusion Web Developer
- CIW Perl Specialist
- Minimum Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum Experience: 7 years’ experience in the design and development of complex web sites.
CALIBRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports transitioning service members, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. To be considered, please apply via our website at www.calibresys.com. Come join our dynamic team!