Distributed Information Technologies (DIT)
Arlington, VA US
Distributed Information Technologies (DIT) has an opening for a User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Designer and graphic artist located in Arlington, VA. The Designer will work with both software development and marketing teams on a variety of web applications and business development initiatives to create attractive, usable, and efficient interfaces and products. This is a new position, and has the potential to develop into a lead role for an expanded graphics department.
The Designer will specialize in bridging the gap between Designer and Programmer by relying on both the ability to interpret interface design and the ability to understand how the target audience will interact with complex web applications. The designer will create prototypes and/or mock ups of interfaces, improve the look and usability of existing applications, recommend styling, and select media assets. The designer will work with technical writers to develop Style guides, Sitemaps, Wireframes, Prototypes and documentation that clearly articulate site/application structure and organization and allow the development team to implement the design approach. The designer will design, coordinate, execute and evaluate usability and user experience tests, focus groups, and pilots.
Work with our business development team to design the web site, collateral, marketing materials, templates, and other business artifacts. Update job knowledge by researching new technologies, software products, and design approaches.
- Compelling portfolio
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in user centered design
- Solid understanding of user interface design concepts and techniques
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Keen sense of customer experience and target audience analysis
- Thorough knowledge of current development trends and popular styling and scripting techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Agile Software development method
- Experience guiding UX testing methods
- Experience with Web Accessibility Initiative
Education/ Level of Experience:
- A BS/BA Degree, preferably in Graphic Design or Information Science
- Training or additional certifications from Adobe, Autodesk, CIW, or similar are a plus.
View Original Post