Teacher - CTE ITS TECH ED/DIV
Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools
Nashville, TN US
John Overton High
Principal of high school
Career and Technical Education (CTE)
To teach secondary level students in one or more Career and Technical Education (CTE) subjects. Incorporates current knowledge of industry practices and trends.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
Employees may be assigned additional duties by management as required:
- Job Responsibility 1: Develops and presents specific lesson plans, using a variety of techniques, including lectures, projects, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers, and the Internet. Prepares assignments and assessments for in-school preparation and homework. Monitors, assists, corrects, and grades student performances. Conducts standardized tests in accordance with district policies and state law.
- Job Responsibility 2: Maintains order in classroom, and, in conjunction with administrative staff, administers discipline when necessary to achieve proper behavior. May prescribe extra assignments or detention in cases of student misconduct.
- Job Responsibility 3: Shares, with other teachers and aides, responsibility for monitoring halls, study periods, and lunchroom. Counsels students when academic difficulties or behavioral problems arise.
- Job Responsibility 4: Keeps records of academic performance, attendance, and social acclimation. Reports on all aspects of student development for school records and parents; conducts parent-teacher conferences on both a regularly scheduled and as-needed basis.
- Job Responsibility 5: Consults with other professionals where there appears to be evidence of learning disabilities, drug or alcohol abuse, or problems of social adjustment. Coordinates decisions with parents concerning any specialized intervention that appears warranted.
- Job Responsibility 6: Works with guidance counselor in helping student to select course of study or college. Recommends promotion and/or placement of students in appropriate classroom situation for ensuing year.
- Job Responsibility 7: Performs related duties, such as sponsoring a student organization or activity.
- Job Responsibility 8: Participates in faculty meetings, educational conferences, professional training seminars, and workshops.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
Applicant must hold at minimum, the equivalent of a Bachelor's degree. A current certification in area of courses taught: A+ or NetPlus or CIW or CISCO or any programming language. Must have five years of relevant experience in the past eight years. If you have a degree, each year of education counts as one year of experience.
Applicant must also hold or be eligible for a TN Occupational Teaching license with the appropriate endorsement: Information Technology (740).