Community College of Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA US
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate’s degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
The Department of Computer Technologies invites applications for immediate Information Technology adjunct faculty openings.
- Master’s degree in information technology, information systems, or a closely related field;
- Master’s degree in business or education with a minimum of 18 graduate credits in information technology, Information Systems or Computing.
Qualified applicants will have the following:
- Ability to teach courses with an emphasis on Web Design and Development technologies and other courses as assigned, including CIS 103 – Applied Computer Technology (Spreadsheets, Word processing and Presentation Software) and Database Management.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of Web Design and Development Technologies.
- Recent demonstrated teaching experience.
- Willingness and ability to manage MSDNAA/Adobe Cloud and other software licensing packages.
- Willingness to manage hardware and software used in class.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to develop, implement revise and maintain courses and curricula.
- Teaching experience at a community college is highly desirable.
- Microsoft Certification in a relevant area such as MSSQL server.
- Web Design certifications such CIW, Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash, InDesign, Electronic Publishing Certification, Digital Multi Media Certifications.
- Relevant business or Educational experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
- Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
EOE. Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
View Original Post