Web Portal Engineer
Windsor Mill, MD US
nTech Solutions, a leader in the recruitment of Information Technology professionals, has an immediate opening for a Web Portal Engineer in the Windsor Mill, MD area.
Contract: 3 Months
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Review and enhance interface to a portal that pulls information together in a consolidated fashion, advertise changes, post emergency fixes, and highlight when the enterprise will be unavailable.
- Use web trends to extract pertinent management information (MI) and make it available.
- Develop governance of the content and consistency of information displayed on the various OTSO Intranet websites.
- Enhance service portal interface that stakeholders use to request assistance or support from OTSO.
- Enhance the backend process of the portal and enable dynamic updates to the service portal using an administrative portal interface.
- Review portal content and add, remove or update service offerings.
- Enhance or modify portal service offerings that provide software developers within the agency a single defined testing and data collection process, regardless of whether the program uses mainframe, open systems or batch processing, to move the code from development to production.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Experience with and understanding of the Federal environment.
- Experience in assuring compliance with Section 508 standards.
- Experience throughout all phases of the SDLC, design and development of detailed test automation software.
- Ability to lead the development of Web-based applications, including on-line customer service applications that enable the agency to deliver services on line.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of related experience or 13+ years of experience will satisfy degree and experience requirements.
- Master Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW)
- Master CIW Administrator
- Sun Certified Architect for Java Technology (SCAJT)
- Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP) or Developer (SCJD)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer + Internet (MCSE+I)
- Project Management Professonal (PMP)& #174;